Friday, February 4, 2011

Living in Tornado Alley

Okay, so we don't really live in tornado alley but it sure seems like it. My sons latest fascination is with tornadoes. I think we have watched every tornado and storm chaser documentary on Netflix and from the library. He just can't seem to get enough of them, I however am getting sick of them. His favorite movie is called Tornado Intercept. It's about and IMAX film maker named Shaun that wants to film the inside of a tornado. Shaun builds this tank looking vehicle out of a ford pick up, steel, and bullet proof glass and drives to tornado alley to film his tornadoes. Connor has informed me that he would now like to be called Shaun the tornado interceptor. I said that I named him Connor and that is what I am going to call him but he just wasn't excited about that. After much debate, he said that I could call him Shaun Connor and my name is now "beautiful mom Shaun." Oh my.

So when he is not watching his tornado movies he is talking about them. Heaven forbid it gets the least bit windy outside. We took a walk the other day and it was a little windy and he was convinced a tornado was coming. He talked about them the WHOLE time we were walking, it was at least a half an hour. I know more about those things than I ever wanted to.

His favorite thing to play now is tornado. I went into his room yesterday and his cars and tractors were scattered all over his floor and there was a small house laying on its side with a truck sticking out the door. I asked him what happened and he told me that there was twister and the people didn't listen to the warning. He said they had 3 hours to get out but they stayed, that is why the truck was inside the house. Sometimes, he gets his sister and I to play with him. I sit at the end of the hallway and pretend to drive the interceptor truck while he sits in his sisters vanity table pretending to be on the computer telling me where the tornadoes are. He yells things out like, " we're stuck in Oklahoma mud, we have to hurry the tornado is only five miles away!" Meanwhile his sister just sits and sings the theme song for blues clues while trying on all of her shoes. (which is what I would rather be doing too)


At his high tech computer Showing the sign of the tornado

I thought we were going to get a break from tornadoes when his dad brought home the new garbage disposal. He was fascinated with that too. But after seeing how it all worked and letting me know all the things I was and wasn't allowed to put in it, he has gone back to tornadoes, which I am okay with since I think tornadoes are a lot more exciting than garbage disposals. I think I may be living with a miniature scientist.

If you ever want to know about tornadoes, you know where to go.

Have a great day,
Beautiful mom Shaun

8 comments:

  1. Okay, the caption for the pictures did not stay where I wanted them, but I think you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BMS - You and your son crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hilarious! I LOVE Shaun Conner!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaun Conner has got an obsession! Must have got it from his father's side of the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...Micah and I laughed the whole way through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia, yes, he had to of. It certainly didn't come from my side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny my friend. I think for St. Patty's Day we'll rename him Shaun O'Connor.

    I especially enjoy that you're beautiful mom Shaun. And that the people didn't heed their proper warning which is they their truck took out their house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy this was great I had no idea Conner, sorry Shaun Conner, was so intense !! too funny.

    ReplyDelete