Monday, January 31, 2011

What happened to January?

I have decided that my new year starts in February because January has completely passed me by and I am not any closer to the goals I set than I was last January.

The biggest goal, or goal that always seems to allude me is the goal of getting in shape. I have been working out with a friend 2 times a week since this past June and I have gained 5 pounds. I would love to say it is muscle but the desserts I seem to find myself eating tell me it's not. Apparently sugar and butter do NOT build muscle. And if exercise wasn't so darn hard I would love to do it. Why can't sleeping burn as many calories as hiking or kickboxing? I have asked my husband in the past to help me get up in the morning so I can exercise, but that is just not good for our marriage. I always have to apologize for the mean things I said to him that morning when he was just doing what I asked him to do. And no, I still didn't get up to exercise.

So I thought maybe if I blog about this I might actually meet my goal. I will keep you updated on the progress. There will be progress!

Oh, and if any of my Bible study ladies are reading this, please ignore the dessert I will be eating tomorrow night. I will make sure it's a small piece!
Happy New Year everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I feel ya Amy, I really do! Why does dessert have to be so delicious anyway huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...and what dessert would you be bringing with you my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, how about a key lime cake with cream cheese frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will not be commenting on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, all I have to say is... CHICKEN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What mean things did she say to you scott?

    Just kidding. I think my body is 50% butter and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Might I add Key lime cake is absolutely amazing and could very probably be right up there with your PW lemon thingy ..super yum!!

    ReplyDelete