Sunday, February 20, 2011

His First Love

Connor has gone through many different interests in his young life. There was the race car phase ( I had to pass by the NASCAR channel real quick to avoid having to watch hours of pointless driving), the spider man phase, the spider phase, the sewer phase, the garbage disposal phase (thank God that one was short lived), the sea creature phase ( I had to veto Shark Week, it was too scary for me) and his most recent the tornado phase. But the thing that is ever present during these phases is his love for trains. He has been in love with trains for almost two years now. He has four big totes in his room filled with train tracks and trains of all different sizes. We have watched every single Thomas the train movie there is in the world over and over and over. He has watched them so much that it is normal for him to say things like, "I'm cross" and "Bust my buffers." Before his sissy was born, our living room used to be the Island of Sodor, but now he can only have the tracks in his room or his sister will destroy everything. I was having him tear down his tracks every night but I got tired of having to build a new track every day, so I decided vacuuming is over rated and he pretty much always has a track on his bedroom floor.


My living room aka The Island of Sodor and that is only about half of the stuff he has.
So, today Connor got to spend a couple hours in train heaven. My parents took us to a toy train exhibit. It was in a huge building full of all different train displays. There were tiny rail roads, big rail roads, railroads made completley of legos, and a train that even made real steam. While we were looking at his particular display a boy came up to Connor and said to look for the train with the pistons pumping because it makes real steam. When Connor heard the phrase "pistons pumping" his eyes lit up and I know he was thinking in his head, "finally, someone who speaks my language!" He got so excited he grabbed the kids arms and started jumping up and down. The kid just looked at him weird and said "I don't know you," and walked away. He gets caught up in the moment sometimes.


Actually showing excitement about something. I told you he loved trains.


Connor and Daddy dreaming about building their own rail road.


Connor in his way cool new Thomas hat.
Connor and Percy
Just because I thought it was so cute......Grandpa and Livie
He had an absolute blast. If you ask Connor he would tell you only the only draw back was that he couldn't buy any of the big trains. They were over a hundred dollars a piece. I told him they were only for grown up and not kids. He didn't want the kid train because it didn't have a hitch on the back and wouldn't be able to pull any freight cars. What good is an engine that can't pull freight cars? He is a very practical 4 year old. So now he can't wait to grow up so he can buy those big trains. Well, that and so he can say hello to the talking box in the McDonald's drive thru. He's got big dreams, that son of mine.
I guess I would say there is a draw back too, he came home with a train whistle. Thanks for that one grandma.

5 comments:

  1. I love your posts Amy, you's funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you everyone for your comments, they make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Conner's phases ( past and present) I also remember my mother telling me she was very cross at me growing up..lovely English language isn't it Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your son. He makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete