Friday, February 11, 2011

The Infamous Zoo Trip

So this past summer my mom took Connor, Olivia, and I to the zoo. I was so excited for Connor to see all the animals in real life for the first time, well, the first time that he would remember it. And boy, would he remember it. I made sure I brought not only the camera, but batteries for the camera as well. ( for those of you who know me, you know this is a really big step for me). I should have reined in some of that excitement. You see, my son is just like his father. They are both a bit lacking in the showing of excitement department.

T
This is Scott happy


This is Scott surprised



This is Scott excited. I think you get the idea.
This is Connor so excited to be at the zoo for the first time:
I had to force him to sit on that tractor.
The most exciting thing that happened on that trip I did not get on film. We had just walked through the gates. My mom said she was going to go to the restroom so I told her that the kids and I would wait for her by the Rocky Mountain Goat exhibit. Seems simple enough right?
Olivia is in the stroller and Connor is just standing next to me. I realize that Olivia is about to drop her pacifier on the ground so I stuck my hand out to catch it. Only rather that catching the pacifier I some how knocked it away from Livie and right into the water of the Rocky Mountain Goat exhibit. My son was horrified. I tried to reach it but it was down to low and the current of the stream it landed it just carried it away. The first thing I did was look around to make sure no one from zoo security saw what I did. I didn't want to get fined or jail time for endangering the life of a goat. And Connor is panicking, "Mom, sissy's passie is in the water! Mom, you have to get it! It's going to the zewer!" (sewer-yet another obsession).
All day long that is all he talked about. He didn't care about the bear sitting on the rock like it was a person. He didn't care about the cool dinosaur exhibit. He didn't care about the train ride we went on and he loves trains. All he could talk about was the passie that mom threw into the goats water. Livie didn't even care, I brought an extra one and she didn't even want it. He mentioned it about every thirty seconds. The first thing he told Scott when he got home from work was how I lost his sissy's passie. He talked to his grandpa George later that night and that was the first thing he said to him. He even tells random strangers that," Mommy dropped sissy's passie and now its in the ocean." He was terrified to think the fish would be using his sisters pacifier. Even now, all these months later he still talks about it. If we go anywhere he asks me where sissy's passie is and has to see it for himself. I will never be trusted with the sacred pacifier again.
Oh, and the word "zoo" has forever been banned from our house.
Be mindful of the dangers that can happen at the zoo ( also know as the place we don't speak of).

5 comments:

  1. I look like I'm fixin to rob a bank or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I have been waiting all week for you to write something..I love Conner stories..the zewer cracked me up ..just wait till he zero's in on "Dirty Jobs"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea,let him watch Dirty Jobs then will have many hours of your funny Conner stories. Good call, Carol! I think it's funny that he already knows what a sewer is. What are you letting your child watch?! Oh, I know, it's his Grandma Angey's fault:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this story Amy! And yes Scott, you do like your about to rob a bank. Smile for peet's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia,I have a very observant son that wants to know what everything is and how it works. It gets tiresome explaining things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete