Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh the joys.....

Please excuse any typos you might find in this post. Scott and I just did Jillian Michaels thirty day shred work out video and I can barely lift my arms. This should prove interesting when I try to get Liv out of her crib.

I have learned a few things since having a little boy, most of them pertaining to bathroom issues. Just getting him to use the bathroom was interesting in itself. He got the going "wet" in the toilet without too much trouble, but the "other" part took a litte more work. I knew he was ready for using the toilet when he would suddenly run down the hall waving at me saying, "bye mom, I am going to go poop in my room!" Good thing he was still in a diaper. It took some bribery to get him to actually do that in the toilet. The m&ms lost their allure quickly, that and I kept eating them all. We had to bring out the big guns......Annie and Clarabel. They are the passenger trains for Thomas the tank engine, and a much wanted addition to the Island of Sodor. Thomas is nothing with out Annie and Clarabel. Once he realized he would finally have Thomas' reason for living, pooping in the toilet was no problem.

Since then I have learned that:

1. Poop is apparently funny to 4 year old boy. Just the word makes him giggle. He even makes up songs about poop. I just don't get it.

2. You never, ever, want to hear the words, "ahhh, I need help!" coming from the bathroom. It means that his aim was off and you now have a mess to clean off the toilet, floor, and walls. I blame his father for that one....he just had to teach his son to "stand and pee like a man." He is obviously not the one that cleans the bathroom.

3. It is common to find the roll of toilet paper completley unrolled and then rolled back up, with part of it stuffed inside the toilet paper roll, and put back on the holder.

4. This may be the most important one....always check the roll of toilet paper BEFORE you sit on the toilet and make sure it is not SOAKING WET. This makes for an interesting predicament. Good thing I had an extra roll on the back of the toilet. When I asked Connor why the toilet paper roll on the holder was soaking wet he said, "I didn't do nuffing mom." Which when translated means he dropped the toilet paper roll in the toilet and then stuck it on the roll hoping I wouldn't notice. As I am holding the wet toilet paper roll I wonder if it fell in before of after he went to the bathroom. It gross either way.

And now I will leave you with those 4 bits of wisdom. Have a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Valuable wisdom, thank you! (The wet toilet paper roll story had me out-loud laughing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are 10 and 12 and I still check the seat before I sit down! The fun has only begun for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely...I shall bare these things in mind for future reference! Got a shock the other day when I discovered potty shooting under the seat yet out between the toilet caught by the downed trousers !! Whaaat?!

    ReplyDelete