Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What a weekend

Scott's parents came down to visit this weekend. It is always fun when Grandpa George and Grandma Micki come down to play. I know Olivia loves having "fresh meat" to work her charms on. We are all pretty much numb to the sweetness she tries to use to get her way, but not Grandma and Grandpa W. About 5 minutes after they were here Olivia had Grandpa George wrapped around her tiny little finger.

We didn't do much Friday. On Saturday George and Scott went to work at the church and Micki and I took the kids to the library. Saturday night we had dinner at my parents house. I made potato soup and it was delicious thank you very much. Sunday was just a lazy day and Monday I thought I was going to die of exhaustion.

We didn't really have any plans for Memorial Day but that quickly changed. I started out the day by going on a four mile walk to try to burn off the delicious dinner at Stanfords I had the night before and all the sugar I consumed while drinking their delicious cofffee. I love the coffee at Stanfords but it is a little strong for me. I practically told our server to just bring me a cow and sugar cane for my coffee so he didn't have to keep bringing me those tiny packets of sugar, of which I consumed more than I am going to admit to.

We decided at about 11:00 to take the kids up to the Portland Children's Museum since we had never been there before and it would be indoor fun. So we ate a quick lunch, packed in the car and headed into Portland. Olivia sang Ginkle Ginkle lil saw (Twinkle twinkle little star) and the ABC song ALL the way up there. I guess it's better than crying. The first thing Connor said when we pulled in the parking lot was "this makes me nervous." Well too bad, we drove all the way here, you are going to have fun! He did warm up to it.


Being forced to play

At the water table. He started warming up to the place at this time.


If there is a train, he is going to find it.

Grocery shopping

She didn't want to leave. Or maybe she heard us say we were going to the zoo now and she was afraid for her pacifier.


Yes, we went to the zoo afterwards. Connor asked me abour 4 times as we were walking in where Sissy's pacifier was. When we walked in the zoo and he saw the goat exhibit, he asked if that was the goat that had Liv's pacifier. He kept tabs on it the whole time we were there. Do you kow they actually have signs that say to not drop food or pacifiers in the zoo exhibits? Guess I wasn't the first one.

On the way home Olivia sang Ginkle Ginkle lil saw and the ABC song the whole way. We really have to teach that girl some new songs. I don't know why they didn't sleep on the way home, I sure wanted to. We finished the day at McDonald's with happy meals and ice cream and crashed when we got home. I am definitely feeling the four mile walk from yesterday and all the walking at the zoo and museum but it was all worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Connor, how you make me laugh. "This makes me nervous"... hahaha. I've heard him say it too! Love that kid.
    Olivia can come sing to Blake, he refuses to learn his abc's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys were very adventurous!Doesn't that make you feel like a good parent when you do fun stuff like that?! It makes me feel like I am making up for all the mean mommy moments!:) Like, "No, you can't have the last of the ice-cream. There's not enough for all of you." Interpretation: Hands off buddy, I'm saving that for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I may have told the kids that exact same thing today, only with m&ms. I waited until the kids were napping to finish off the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to the kids museum, but it looked fun , I'm going to have to check it out.Incidentally ginkle ginkle is a fav right now ..I new right away what that was ;D

    ReplyDelete