Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Works for me!

Lately Connor has been interested in the clock and wanting to know what time it is. He would look at the clock when I would put Liv to bed and then ask me to show him where the hands on the clock will be when it's his bed time. Liv goes down for her nap at 1 and Connor at 1:30. This gives us a little extra time together where it is just the two of us. So I told Connor when the big hand points straight down it is your bed time. Since I told him that he has been the one keeping his eye on the clock and telling me that it is time for him to go to bed, and then he will go get ready for his nap. He is very concerned that he will be late for nap time. He is the type of kid that doesn't want to break the rules. He likes to keep the instructions to his toys and look at them so he knows the right way to do things.

I have enjoyed the fact that he is so interested in making his naps on time, but the best part has been that he has been putting himself to bed a half an hour early at night. Liv goes to bed at 7:00 and then when the big hand points straight down Connor thinks it's his bed time. His bedtime is actually 8:00 but who am I to tell him he is wrong. Scott tried to say something the other night about it not being bed time yet but I quickly gave him the, "keep your mouth shut if you know what's good for you" look and Connor still doesn't know that he is going to bed a half an hour early. I know someday he will learn to tell time but until then mommy gets an extra half hour to herself.

3 comments:

  1. Always thinkin,. aren't you Amy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time Connor is literally "Too smart for his own good!" I wonder how long this trend will last... maybe if you're lucky into his teens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW..he is going to be such a good student!!..teachers will love him ..always on time, doing everything right,reading the instructions...that has to be a man miracle right there !! fascination with the clock - SOOO much better than spiders!!!

    ReplyDelete