Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Payback

Last night my son got me back for all the times that I have scared him, and he did it without even trying.  He likes to listen to music at night which I am okay with until it is time for me to go to bed. I have to have it really quiet in the house or I just can't sleep. Connor's room is right across the hall from ours so I can hear his music quite clearly. I usually sneak into his room when I am headed to bed and turn his music off. Last night I snuck into his room and was just about to turn his music off when I realized that he wasn't asleep, but was sitting up staring at me. Scared the living daylights out of me! I am suprised I didn't scream. Do you know how creepy it is to see someone sitting up and staring at you in the darkness? He just looked at me and said, "What are you doing in my room mom?" When I recovered enough to talk, I just told him I was checking on him. I just wanted to make sure he was doing okay. I am not sure he really believed me. I tried to sneak back in his room later to turn off his music but the kid was still awake. Why was it taking so long for him to go to sleep? Maybe he was waiting for me to come back in. I eventually just went in and told him I had to turn his music down, it was driving mommy crazy. I think next time I will send Scott in there, he doesn't scare as easily as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment