Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Mighty Bug Hunters

It was nice outside yesterday so they kids and I decided to spend some time out of doors. It was more the kids begging me over and over to go outside than me actually deciding. I am more of an indoor gal- less bugs.  So we grabbed the sidewalk chalk and headed outside. Once we go outside Connor informed me that he and Sissy were going on a bug hunt. "Oh, this will be good," I thought to myself.



The pre bug hunting stretches



Armed with sidewalk chalk. A must have when hunting bugs




Any bugs over here?






Off to the wildest regions of the back yard


Yikes! We found some! Run away, run away! (It was very much like watching Monty Python: Search for the Holy Grail, just without the coconuts and British accents)


Connor wanted me to take his picure by the little fly that was on the see-saw swing next to him. While his focus was on the fly another bug flew by him on the other side. Thus the "What was that?" look on his face. He thought it was an ambush. He was about done with the great outdoors after that.



3 comments:

  1. Makes you wonder what is going on in his head. Love your posts Amy.
    Did you make it out yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious..Conner's face is priceless in the last shot ..and what a Mom!..you got it all on film too ( quite the 360 on picture taking. Nice work )

    ReplyDelete
  3. But what about the jumping brown spiders? How will he ever be able to go find one in Australia if can't even handle a fly?! You'll have to work on that one Amy:)

    ReplyDelete