Sunday, May 29, 2011

New night time ritual

My son is a snuggler and wants me to cuddle with him in his bed every night after I tuck him in. His bed is more comfortable than mine so I don't have a problem with this. Lately he has been wanting to play "spiders" while we are cuddling. Let me give you a demonstration: 


These are 2 tarantulas from the north of eastern (wherever that is) and are also found in Mexico. (My hand is the one on the left in case you couldn't tell.)




I am the unfortunate spider that is not going to escape this encounter with all its legs. I never get to be the winning spider.


I have survived the fight but have lost a leg in the process. (I would appreciate my family not leaving any comments regarding my thumbs.)
Besides losing at least one and sometimes all of my spider legs, I usually get injected by some kind of spider poison that leaves my little spider hand all shriveled. All I have to say is if I have to play this little game every night I would like to just once be the winning spider. Oh well, there is always tomorrow night.

3 comments:

  1. That is too funny Amy. Who knew that it would take a blog to get you taking photos... although I bet you didn't think ever these would be the pictures you were snapping... the process of your spider hand shriveling under the poisonous sting of your 4 year spider dominator!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...saw a book I almost bought Conner with large explicit photos of Creepy spiders..however.. imagined your horror and X'ed the idea.

    ReplyDelete