Saturday, May 21, 2011

Watch your phraseology

Well my husband is watching a documentary about World War II airplanes right now and as much as I just love learning about jet propellers, the P51 mustang and the German Luftwaffe's I thought I would just blog instead. Yes, I was being sarcastic about loving to learn about that stuff. In the first part of our marriage he drug me to two different air museums and spent what felt like eternity drooling over every airplane and telling me everything there is to know about them. It was still early on in our married life so I pretended that I loved every minute of it and even had him take my picture while standing next to the airplanes. What I was really wondering was how long would we be there and I was pretty sure I saw ice cream in the gift shop. Sadly we left the museums without any ice cream. Now that we have been married seven years I no longer have to pretend to like the documentaries and I will just go get my own ice cream thank you very much.

So here I am blogging instead of learning and I am okay with that. The kids and I took a walk around our neighborhood today on the hunt for garage sales. This is actually something I don't enjoy doing. I never find anything good at garage sales. My mother however is the queen of finding great stuff at garage sales and I don't think she ever pays more than $2 for anything. She has the gift. Sadly I do not. My mom has made my son a lover of garage sales as well, so when I gave him the choice of going to the library or going on the hunt for garage sales, he chose the latter. So we packed up the suburban (double stroller) and we were off on our hunt. We (I) walked for almost an hour and a half up and down the sidewalks, up steep driveways and around garbage cans that people still have on the sidewalks even though garbage day was Thursday. It's Saturday people, put your garbage can away! But I digress. Sadly the most exciting thing that happened was Olivia getting her foot caught in the wheel of the stroller. Took a few minutes but I managed to free her with her foot still being intact. It was sketchy for a minute there. Connor was very disappointed that we didn't find any toys. I bought a veggie tale video for a dime and a Tinkerbell dress for Sissy for a dollar. Big spender, I know. Connor complained about all the walking making him hungry which is interesting since about 2 minutes into our adventure he decided he wanted to ride in the stroller instead of walk. I almost kicked him out of the stroller and had him push Olivia and I home, but I had to work off the chocolate chip cookies I had after lunch.

When we were about home I said I was pooped. Connor jumped right on that. "What Mom, you pooped! Where did you poop Mom, I don't see it. Show me where you pooped Mom!" Thank you son for making all the neighbors think I pooped outside. I will be watching my phraseology around him from now on. And in case you didn't know "Watch your phraseology" is a line from the Music Man. If you haven't seen it then you need to stop reading this right now and go watch it. Watch it until you know every line of "76 trombones" and until you can't here anyone mention Gary, Indiana without bursting into song. My husband loves it when I sing that song to him. Okay, not really but if I have to hear about the evolution of the fighter plane then he gets to hear me sing "Marianne, Madam Librarian."

3 comments:

  1. I agree, the Music Man is a MUST see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a teen my younger brother was into fighter planes..enough so that he wanted me to study his book and was going to give me a test after. I did it, but only because it was a comic book now I can say things like Meshurscmit B39 ( can't spell it but hey )I am way behind on the music man movie, but I do know 76 trombones ...maybe i saw it and don't recall..whatever, I'm right with you on getting my own ice cream :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went through Gary not too long ago

    ReplyDelete