Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The New Fad

I know you all have been on pins and needles wondering what new thing Connor is going to love next. Well, its arrived and it is one I was not excpecting......the garbage truck, or grawbage truck in Connor's words. It all started with a DVD from the library called Charlie the garbage truck. It was love at first sight. He has now been playing "garbage truck" any chance he can get. I didn't even know you could make garbage trucks into a game. Because he doesn't have any real garbage trucks yet, he has dubbed a few semi trucks his garbage trucks. They are the special ones that his sister is not allowed to even look at with longing. He is using pieces of freight and the Sodor mail bag from his Thomas train sets for the trash.

So yesterday he tells me he wants to buy a "grawbage truck." We dump all the money out of his piggy banks and while I am counting it, I thought now would be a good time to mention tithing to Connor. I tried to explain tithe as well as I could to a four year old. He said he didn't mind giving some of his money to Jesus as long as he didn't have to sing. Apparently he is not a fan of the praise and worship.

After we counted his money we went online to see if they even make garbage truck toys; they do and they range from $5 (the baby ones that he is not interested in) to $75 (of course those are the ones he wants). I showed him the ones that are in his price range and I think he found a few he liked. He then very excitedly asked me if we could look at "grawbage" bags next. I told him they don't make garbage bags for kids to play with, they are dangerous. He was very sad about that. They do however make little plastic garbage cans for the trucks to pick up, unfortunately they only go with the $75 garbage truck. He will have to stick with the Sodor mail bag and plastic logs for now.

Of course he asked me to draw him a garbage truck today, apparently my art skills haven't deterred him from asking things like that of me. I finally wised up and looked online for a picture of a garbage truck. I struck gold and found a website that had coloring pictures of them. I also found a show on NETFLIX about how garbage trucks are made. And because I am a glutton for punishment,or just really love my son, I saved it for Connor. And yes, he loved it.

Tomorrow is trash day and Connor is already asking if he can go out and talk to the trash man. I told him we would just wave from the window.

I had to add this picture this morning. He has been waiting by the window since he got up.

We did wave at the garbage man and he waved back. Connor's new goal in life is to be a garbage man when he grows up.

5 comments:

  1. as long as he doesn't have to sing... ha ha ha!!! Oh Conner you crack me up. Amy you are a good Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..that line cracked me up too. I really thought I was going to see an AL original drawing, never the less, with Conner's current enthusiasm..he'll most likely be able to assemble on site by his 5th birthday ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Google printable images!! I'm not sure if "tithing as long as I don't have to worship" cancels each other out though... still made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are going today to find a grawbage truck, this should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you know he has patience if he can stand and wait at the window that long till the garbage truck comes:) Oh, how we love Conner!!

    ReplyDelete