Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's important to stop and think

When you have children it is very important  to stop and think, especially when they say things that may sound off the wall to you. The odd statement or question usally is something that makes total sense when you stop and think.

For example, I had just put Connor down for his nap when I hear him calling me back into his bedroom. When I got back there he says to me, "will the germs choke me and then I die?" Sounds very bizarre and off the wall right? I asked him to repeat what he just asked me and then looked at him puzzled. I was about to tell him that germs would not choke him and make him die, and then tell him to go to sleep. But then I stopped and thought about it. We had recently had a conversation that was mostly about me telling him not to eat his boogers, that they are covered in germs. He was in his own way making sure that if he ate his booger he wouldn't be choked from the germs and die. I don't know where the choking part came in, I promise I did not threaten him with that. After stopping and thinking I told him that he would not die, but that he also is not allowed to eat his boogers, its disgusting.


I didn't ask him if he ate his booger after I left, but now that the threat of death was no longer an issue I would guess that he probably did. The next time the small child in your life asks you something strange....stop and think, it may make total sense after all.

4 comments:

  1. A little "grems" never hurt anyone!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was gagging a little as i read this. is this the time you say he is just like his dad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat my boogers Angey, I wipe them on the underside of Amy's pillow.

    ReplyDelete