Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mi Familia - Part 1

So I have been thinking about whipping out some of our famous family stories. These are the ones we like to whip out at parties and family functions to get a laugh out of people. But before I get to the stories here is some background on the family.

The Parents-

Terry aka my Dad















  • Hardest working man ever
  • Bob the Builder to the Extreme- The man can build absolutely anything
  • Uses swear words like "kraut"
  • Can not tell a joke correctly to save his life, therefore leaving his family staring at him and wondering what in the world he was talking about.
  • Not good with boats (there's a story behind that)
  • Not a good shopping buddy
  • My sons look a like
  • The lone Choleric/Melancholy in a sea of Phlegmatic/Sanguines. I am the only one in the family that has a personality most like his, thus labeling me the "Golden Child"
  • Completely powerless against his granddaughters charms (Yes, I will be using that to my advantage)
Angey aka my Mom















  • Great Shopping buddy
  • Loves a good practical joke, mainly ones that involve her hiding and then jumping out and scaring her children. Or rolling the front passenger window down when her teenage daughter is in the front seat and yelling at the young guy in the drivers seat of the car next to said daughter, and embarrassing teenage daughter very much. (Been there, many times)
  • Introduced her kids to the wonderful world of musicals
  • Loves to sing songs from said musicals with her children, much to the chagrin of the choleric/melancholy dad of the family.
  • Her grand children's wish is her command
  • One of my bestest friends
  • Amazing whistler

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a great start..can't wait for the rest...p.s. feel free to embelish on any and all stories at B.L.C any Tuesday night ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you married Scott. He'll help with the melancholy side of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad's description made me laugh.. poor Terry swimming in a sea of non-serious and non-motivated people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the boat one. Hhahahha!
    Bring on the scare stories.

    ReplyDelete