Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I think I need an intervention

On Friday my husband and I went to the big city (Canby) and got me a new cell phone. I admit I was only a little excited at first. Technology is a little scary for me sometimes. My old phone was quite ancient and really not technological at all. So when I walked in the store I felt a little overwhelmed. Thankfully my wonderful friend Nicole and her husband came to help me out, so I didn't have to walk through the store with the deer in the headlights look. After looking at a couple different types of phones I decided I wanted one with a touch screen. That narrowed it down to five or so different phones. When it was pointed out to me that one of the phones could also be used as a Kindle I screamed in delight and did a cartwheel and said I would take that one! Just kidding about the cartwheel. But, I did squeal with delight.

I have not stopped playing with my phone since Friday. I LOVE it! In fact, I tell my phone that I love it several times a day. I may have even referred to it as my best friend a time or two.  My husband is concerned and I think a little jealous. There are just so many wonderful things I can do on that blessed phone, like reading books, looking up recipes, (theres and app for that) checking facebook without having to leave the comfort of my couch, and so much more. But the thing I find that takes up most of my time is that darn bejeweled game. It is addicting I tell ya. I just can't stop playing it. I see the little jewels every time I close my eyes. This can't be good for me.

If you never hear from me again, now you know why.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, glad to hear you ventured to the "City" Amy :) I want to know what phone you got now... (and I love bejeweled!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In August I too shall join you in "I love my friend the phone" but until then... I'm stuck with the ancient thing I have now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't be older than the one I have. I still have to press alot of buttons just to tex the word "hi":)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know my phone is really old now !! especially since it's Kelly's previous old one, not to be confused with her present old one!!, but Yay you !!. And welcome to the world of "we others" who have at one time or another... been sucked deeply into the game of Bejewelled ! over and over and over.......

    ReplyDelete