Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just a few new things

1. I am afraid that Connor's new interest might be blood. He has been mentioning it a lot lately just completely out of the blue. He told me yesterday that he couldn't drink his juice because it made his blood ache. He also told me that his sister had an owie in her toe blood. I hope this phase is a short one, and I guarantee you he won't be watching movies with blood in them.

2. Easter is just around the corner and this has led to some interesting conversations with Connor. First of all he really wants to get "James without the bees on his face," in his Ester basket. (if your house has not been over run with thomas the train and friends and you don't know what I am talking about, James is the red number 5 engine on the island of sodor. "He is vain, but lot's of fun.") My mom said she would get that for Connor when he was done singing his song in the Easter choir. Might I mention that she told him this weeks ago and everytime we practice his song he asks me for "James without the bees." Thanks mom.

Connor asked me a few days ago when the Easter bunny guy was coming. I tried to explain to him that Easter is about Jesus dying on the cross and raising from the dead. He just stared at me like I was crazy and said, "Ya, but when is the bunny bringing my basket?" We will keep working on the true meaning of Easter.

3. Olivia's new favorite word is "why." Connor has been the victim of her "why" questions several times now. He will say something to her and she will respond with "why." So he will try to explain again what he just said and she will again respond with "why." This goes on and on until Connor finally gets frustrated and says, "Sissy, can you just stop saying that?!" And of course she responds with "why." Oh, it makes me laugh!

And I will leave you with this picture of Olivia.She chose the outfit herself, except the mismatched jammies. Scott did that because he knows how much it bothers me when the kids' jammies don't match.



I'm sorry it is so dark and small, I am  not technical enough to fix that. But she is wearing her jammies with a beanie hat, her white dress shoes, and her safety glasses. The girl is ready for anything.


4 comments:

  1. dont worry amy, james is resting comfortably in connors easter basket, and your welcome. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I always enjoy your posts so much! Fave part: Conner and the Easter bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the why phase, I remember it so well. LOVE that Conner is trying so hard to explain things to her, I would sit back and laugh as well! Ha, ha - loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like reading what Conner has been up to..blood though? a tad scary. I'm with Jod on the fav part:"yeah but when is the bunny bringing my basket?! ....hope this is sorted out by next year ha ha

    ReplyDelete