Saturday, April 2, 2011

Party Pooper

 I am not a competitive person at all. In school when I played sports I didn't really care who won. I definitely was not one that would sacrifice my body for the sport that is for sure. If I was at risk of getting even a skinned knee or a broken nail, I would let the ball just fall to the ground. I really just played sports for the social aspect of it and the McDonald's or Taco Bell after the games. But since I got married and started playing games against my "I am so good at everything and you may think you can best me but you never will" husband, it has brought out the competitive beast in me. We seriously had to take a break from playing games for a while or we were going to need some counseling. Well, I guess I would be the only one that needed the counseling.

Whenever Scott and I play games together he always wins. Rummy, Monopoly, Settlers, Scrabble (I know he is making up words, I just can't prove it), Checkers, Spongebob Operation, Hangman, Blues Clues; it doesn't matter. I may start out in the lead and right when I think I am about to kick his butt, and start rubbing his face in my near victory at his total demise, he wins. I know somehow he is cheating but I just can't figure out how. I got this new puzzle game on my phone. It's one where you have to find a way to get the red block out of the box by moving all these other blocks out of the way. It took me almost a half an hour to get past level one. So I tell Scott about the game, he downloads it on his phone and is passing levels almost every 10 seconds! I had to stop at level three or I was going to end up flushing my phone down the toilet. Connor even tells me to just stop and let Daddy help me.

So the other night we are sitting on the couch playing games on our phones, (that is our date night. I know, it's sad) were both playing spider solitaire and I kept winning my games. Scott started calling his phone names because he couldn't win a hand. This made me immediately start flaunting my winning hands right in his face. Every time I won a hand I would let him know how awesome I was. After putting up with my harassment for a while he says, "how many suits are you playing with?" "What the heck is a suit?" I say. He takes my phone and points out how I am only playing with one suit (apparently this is the weenie version) and he is playing with two, therefore making my achievements null and void. He changed my game so now I am playing with two suits, and gosh darn it, I can't win a game to save my life! Now I am frustrated at my husband for stealing my glory and at my phone because I don't know how to change it back. But I will not be defeated forever! You may have won the battle honey, but I will win the war! Mwahahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. Go get 'em, Amy! Sorry, Scott girls gotta stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .. Amy, I'm with you, two suits is much more difficult for sure..but I have faith in you..you WILL prevail!!

    ReplyDelete