Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Not even if he was the last man on earth"

Yes, these were the words I said about my future husband.  The summer of 2003 we started out just hanging together with a group of friends. I really was not interested in him then. I thought he was old. There is an eight and a half year age difference between us. Might I also mention that two years before we stared dating, he was one of the chaperones at my senior prom. A chaperone! An old chaperone!

But that summer we started seeing each other almost everday. In my mind we were just friends.But, I knew something was up when I would come home from work and he would be hanging out with my family. I tried to scare him away by telling him that I thought of him as a big brother, but the man is stubborn and kept coming around. I just couldn't resist his charms.We got along so well and I really just loved being with him. I started liking him more and more and before long I knew that I didn't just like him, I LIKED him liked him. I fell in love with him despite his quietness and his dislike for musicals and showtunes and his hatred of Taco Bell. The last part was almost a deal breaker, who doesn't like Taco Bell? We worked it out though.

 We became an official couple on September 9th, my sister's birthday. My birthday is just a week after my sister's. To celebrate my birth day my best friend Beth, her now husband, and Scott and I went to Multnomah Falls. Scott tried to kiss me there, but I wouldn't let him and believe me I have not lived it down. I try not to mention water falls around him, he has not gotten over being rejected. We did eventually kiss though for crying out loud! He keeps saying he is going to take me back there so he can get his kiss, but me being the hiker that I am do not see that happening.

We were engaged on December 2nd of that same year. I was sent to the store (rather rudely I must say) for pepsi and when I got back to my parents house the Christmas tree was filled with my favorite roses and there was a beautiful diamond ring around one of them, which I spotted from the kitchen. It was wonderful! We were married April 17th and now here we are 7 years later. It feels like we have been together forever, and I mean that in a good way. He is my BFF (best friend foreverver) and I always want to be with him. (I am a quatlity time person, sadly he is not).  I can't wait to see what the next 97 years has for us. (He is not getting away from me before then. Mwahahahaha! Is that creepy?) I am so glad I decided to marry the last man on earth. Happy Anniversary Honey! I am so glad I chose you and not Bond, James Bond.

I'm so glad he got me to change my mind, it would have been sad to miss out on this.

6 comments:

  1. Hurray for you guys! I'm glad you finally let him kiss you. I mean come on, Amy, it's been 7 years now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. please let the people know why you call him the last man on earth. if she doesnt tell. i will. you know i love a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary you two! Loved your story and am glad you finally let him kiss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post! I don't believe I've heard your guy's story... I sure don't remember it! Where the heck was I back then? Probably busy having babies! Happy Anniversary guys - you are both great friends and a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your story Amy..( I saw the word " hiker" ..I'm planing hoping to ease you into a few mild outings ( reguardless of how you really feel about it :D just warning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you had a change of mind as well! :) I am most notorious for making such "eternal" statements, as a 41 year old, I now have become very accustomed to the taste of crow!

    ReplyDelete