Monday, June 13, 2011

Night and Day

That is how different my children are compared to each other. Olivia is enthusiastic about everything, even if it is something brand new. Connor likes to ease his way into things and usually can't do anything new without first letting me know how nervous he is about it. Olivia practically dances all day long. She can't even walk down the hall without bobbing her head back and forth and shaking her little booty. Connor, well, we are still trying to get him to bend his knees while he runs, it's great entertainment watching him.

This morning I made the kids something new for breakfast. I asked them if they would like to try cinnamon toast for breakfast. Olivia of course shouts "YA"! She doesn't care what it is as long as it's breakfast. Connor is concerned about having to try the cinnamon toast. I have to explain what it is a few times to him. I assured him he would love it and was really wanting some myself, but no, I have to eat a stupid egg because it's healthier. I am just a little bitter. Olivia dived right into her toast and yelled "Yum!" after every bite. I had to make Connor try his. Olivia was asking for seconds before Connor even took a bite. While I am making Liv more, Connor tells me he is done with his toast. The only part he ate was the crust. The crust! Who eats the crust on cinnamon toast? The best part is the middle with all that butter, sugar, and cinnamon. I just can't believe it. Oh, and while I was making them breakfast I was singing the song about the ant trying to move the rubber tree. Olivia just bobbed her head back and forth with a huge smile on her face enjoying the song, while Connor stared at me confused. I knew I was going to have to interpret the song for him. Sure enough,  "Mom, why is the ant trying to move a tree? Is he looking for food? Is it a sugar ant? Can ants really move trees?" Oh my. I was already tired of having to explain things and it was only 7:30 in the morning.

It just makes me laugh how different they are, but I just love each of their personalities. They keep me busy and make me laugh every day. They do have some things in common, but the most important thing is that they both love to snuggle with their momma.

3 comments:

  1. So funny! Sounds just like me and Kayla; she, the second born, is the free spirit willing to do anything, I, the first born, am super cautious with every step I take and have to analyze everything. (And my parents used to make fun of the stiff way I ran, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need one more kid to balance it all out, Amy! Come on just one more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad for Connor that he did not discover the wonderfulness that is cinnamon sugar toast. Only the crusts? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete