Thursday, June 9, 2011

Desperation is a dangerous thing.....

Especially when scissors are involved. My hair has really been bugging me lately. It was at the perfect length that it always got in my mouth. I kept finding food in it. It was like I was a three year old that constantly had sticky stuff in their hair. So last night I stood in front of my bathroom mirror with chunk of my hair in one hand and scissors in the other for fifteen minutes asking Olivia if I should cut my hair. I kept saying, "should I do it? It's really bugging me! Should I just go ahead and cut it?" And my darling daughter answered me every time with an enthusiastic "Ya!" while she went through my makeup drawer and put on my chapstick. So I took my almost two year olds advice and cut my hair. And then panicked! When Scott got home he cut the other side of my hair that I was afraid to finish. I can't believe I let my husband cut my hair. If that doesn't say trust I don't know what does. Okay, trust really had nothing to do with it. I was just desperately hoping he could help me fix what I started. It didn't turn out too bad, but don't examine the cut too close. Tucking my hair behind my ears really camouflages things.

I sent my mom four pictures and she never got them and before I could get any trusted outside opinion on my hair it was time for me to go to church. I actually got a few compliments on it and my sister approved. I know she would tell my the truth.



If you are wondering what is wrong with my face, it's a no makeup day. Will I ever cut my hair by myself again? Probably not.

 On a different note, I made the best banana bread I have ever had yesterday. It has a delicious sugary streusely crust on the top. Here's the link. You can thank me later. http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breads/extra-special-banana-bread/

4 comments:

  1. no make-up is lovely on you.
    nobody has smoother skin then the Lovenburg ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute unmake up and cute hair..but did either of those things stop you from hiking with me today I wonder :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that you asked your daughter for advice, ha ha. Way to be brave Amy! (And Scott! I will never be talked into "helping" Russ cut his hair ever again...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy you are one beautiful girl! If I looked as good as you do with no make up I think I wouldn't wear any! Scott, you are one lucky guy!! And cute hair. Some girls have all the luck:)

    ReplyDelete