Saturday, January 29, 2011

Walmart

Today is grocery shopping day and that means a trip to the Walmart. I have mixed feelings about this store because not so long ago I completely embarrassed myself there. You see I was grocery shopping there one day and had to go to the bathroom; I was very pregnant with my daughter so waiting was not an option. So I set my basket aside and went into the bathroom. While I was washing my hands someone comes out of the stall next to me and it was a.....MAN! He hadn't quite noticed me yet and I was thinking in my head, "Oh, this guy is going to be so embarrassed when he sees he is in the girls bathroom." So he looks up at me and I have this little smile on my face and am thinking in my head "this poor guy" and he has this look of confusion on his face and I say "I think you are in the wrong bathroom." And he has the nerve to say "No, this is the mens." And I argue back and say, "No, it's the women's." And then he opens the door and shows me the writing on the outside says MENS. Well I was thoroughly put in my place and laughed at. The guy apologized to me and I just said that no, I was sorry, and indeed I was. I was also completely grossed out that I was in the mens bathroom and that there was a strange man going to the bathroom in the stall right next to me. I could have swore when I chose that door that is said WOMEN on it. And there weren't any urinals to tip me off when I first walked in.

I wish I could of just paid for my stuff and left right away but no, I still had a lot of groceris still to get. Oh, and while I was shopping I hear over the intercom that there is a problem in the back of the store by the bathrooms which just happens to be the bathroom that I just came out of. I thought great, they probably saw me go into the mens bathroom and now Walmart security is going to come after me. But, I am happy to report that there were no further incidents.

I just thought I would forever put my embarrassing story out there in cyber space for everyone to enjoy.
Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Giggling.
    Those are the moments we remember every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that story!! You can blame it on the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so hilarious ..though I very nearly did that once..totally embarrassing..fortunatley a guy was washing his hands ..great tip off!!
    ( still sorry about the Mum thing..when will my daughter fix that for me!)

    ReplyDelete