Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Pets

Now those of you who know me are probably thinking to yourselves, "Amy has a pet?! I thought after that whole psycho cat fiasco, and the guinea pig that shrieked like a bird all hours of the early morning, and the puppy that made her wear two mismatching shoes to work and made her stand in her yard in her bathrobe at two in the morning so the darn thing could go to the bathroom and then it wouldn't go until the minute it stepped back in the garage made her decide she never wanted pets again." Well, my friends I have found the perfect pet for me, Mexican jumping beans. I am not sure they are technically Mexican, or shall I say Hispanic, since they came from Dallas, Texas but whatever. Scott actually brought them home for Connor but once he found out that he couldn't eat them (he thought they would make him jump higher) he pretty much lost interest in them. I however think they are kind of cute and they are really easy to take care of. I don't have to feed them or walk them. If I am feeling really adventurous I will let them out of their little plastic case and let them roam around the counter for a little while, I just have to make sure they don't jump off the counter and land on the carpet. I would hate to accidentally vacuum one up. The only draw back is that they don't show me any affection whatsoever and the clacking sound they make while they are in their little cases is kind of annoying. But other than that they are wonderful pets and a great low maintenance addition to the family.

3 comments:

  1. we use to have some Mexican jumping beans, but sadly now their dead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pet..unfortunately true about the affection deficit, but hey, if you get sick of them maybe you could plant them ha ha

    ReplyDelete