Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Life is good when your at Grandma's

This has become the ritual when we get to grandma's house. The kids sit on the porch swing and enjoy a bag of "cheeps" as Liv calls them, and throw back a cold one...don't worry it's just a capri sun. My mother's house has pretty much turned into Disneyland since I had kids. They have a sand box, a bouncy house, pool complete with inflatable slide, a play house and a little climby thing with a slide. And that's just the outdoor stuff.  It's a wonderland compared to when I was a kid. Back then it was like, "mom, can I have some toys to play with?" And she would be like, "here, play with this plastic bottle."  It's just not fair, but I am over it.

I got some live action nature shots of a killer whale in action the last time I was at my parent's house. I warn you these shots are not for the faint of heart.

Ferocious killer whale. Those are his fins behind his back in case you were wondering.   



Killer whale at play       

The mighty killer whale spots a pink dolphin....lunch time!

Pink Dolphins are no match for killer whales!
This dolphin won't go down without a fight
And the fight is over. It's all fun and games until someone gets water in their eyes. The safety glasses were left at home. 
In case you were wondering yes, it looks like killer whales are the next phase. It really is quite funny to see him act like a killer whale on dry land. So if you see my son thrashing on the ground with his arm behind him and his finger poking off his back, no, he is not having a seizure, he is just being a whale.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Connor, how you make me laugh... (well it's your Mommy making me laugh... but at you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Here, play with this plastic bottle" - this is totally something I would say to my son. Awesome. Also, I'm with you on the Grandma thing. My Mom is so much cooler now that she's a Grandma than I remember her being when she was just a Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Amy and I'm SOOOO looking forward to seeing your son flopping around being all whale-y!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Amy,i so laughed at your deprived childhood' Laying in bed reading this and my lap top is moving up and down too much from lol to type this right...good night!

    ReplyDelete