Thursday, August 4, 2011

The big girl bed

Monday night we said goodbye to the crib and hello to the big girl bed.



 I was unsure how the transition would go, but after only about 2 hours of crying, Olivia finally adjusted and things have been going smoothly. She was very excited that she could get in and out of her bed all by herself, which made me wonder if we were going to have escaping issues,  but so far she has stayed in her bed until she is told she can get up.

Room time has been a little bit interesting though. She is no longer behind bars for room time and can freely roam her room. She tends to forget that room time means she has to stay in her room and play, and is often found wandering into the living room, or being pushed out of her brother's room, by said brother. I also have had to go over and over again that room time is for playing with her toys, not pulling all of her clothes out of her dresser and trying them on. The package of diapers is also now out of reach, those aren't toys either. Since the dresser was off limits she decided just to try on the clothes in her dirty clothes basket. I let her have that one. But she mostly spends her time trying on her 14 pairs of shoes. She is such a girl, and I love it!

Connor was feeling a bit left out I think so he asked me to take a picture of him in his really big, big boy bed. I am warning you that again, he is only wearing his underwear.

3 comments:

  1. Conner looks like a car salesman in this shot.
    He has that "you can trust me look on his face."

    ReplyDelete
  2. His wife may have to break him of the underwear fetish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These grand-kids make me laugh so much, loved Lisa's peek-a-boo book too...ah, maybe getting those 2 together would be fun...I'd buy a ticket or bring the popcorn and Advil.

    ReplyDelete