Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Scary Bubble

I learned something a little strange about my daughter last night, the girl is afraid of bubble gum. It's strange, I know, but this is the girl that chews on anything metal, so I shouldn't be too surprised. I bought some bubble gum for Connor since he is five now and has never had any before and I thought he was ready to handle the responsibility of gum chewing. I am all about not making my life harder and until I was sure I wouldn't have to be cleaning gum out of my carpet or out of his sisters hair I refrained. I knew the swallowing of the gum would not be an issue since he is terrified of swallowing objects that don't belong in the stomach.

Anyway, I gave Connor his gum and had a piece myself since it has been forever since I have enjoyed actual bubble gum. I have decided it tastes much better when you are kid, the flavor loses something when you become an adult. I then proceeded to wow my children with my awesome bubble blowing skills (hey, I have to have some kind of skill). When Liv looked at the bubble coming out of my mouth she screamed in horror and ran back to her room crying. And me being the compassionate mother that I am laughed so hard I was crying. She would come back down the hallway and I would blow another bubble and she we scream and yell, "I need go sit on my bed!"


The Bubblegumphobic


 I am such a horrible mother, it was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. This went on for a couple minutes until I got in trouble from Scott for terrorizing our daughter. Hours later I was still laughing about it. I had to text my mom and let her know Liv's new fear. She was laughing too and was sorry she missed it. Like mother like daughter I guess. I gave Connor a piece this morning and she kept staring at me to make sure I didn't have any. She was ready to bolt down the hall to her room for safety, but I figure I have traumatized her enough....for now.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, poor Olivia! Sadly, I would have done the same thing, kept on blowing bubbles and laughing. It's what we mothers do for entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you torment your kids ;D

    ReplyDelete